《The best gift I ever survived》是由丝德茜·克莱默(Stacey Kramer)在TED的一个视频演讲,从一份礼物开始阐明一个道理,那就是当你面对意料之外的避之不及和前途未卜的事,不妨就把它看成一份礼物。
[The best gift I ever survived]
Imagine, if you will, a gift. I'd you picture in you mind.
请想象一份礼物,请你们在脑海中构想一下。
It's not too big. About the size of a golf ball.
不是很大,大概高尔夫球般大小。
So in vision what it looks like all wrapped up.
包装看上去大致是这个样子。
but before i show you what's inside.
在我揭开谜底之前,
i will tell that's going to do incredible things for you.
我先告诉你们这件礼物会有多么精妙的效果。
It will bring all of your family together.
它会使你合家团聚。
You will feel loved and appreciated like never before.
你会感受到前所未有的爱与感激。
And reconnect to friends and acquaintances you haven't heard from in years.
与久未谋面的老友和旧识重聚。
Adoration and admiration will overwhelm you.
爱与赞美会充盈你身;
It will recalibrate what's important in your life.
你会重新检视何为生命中最重要的事。
It will redefine, your sense of spirituality and faith. You'll have a new understanding and trust in you body.
你会重新定义自己对精神和信仰的看法;你对自己的身体也会有全新的认知和信任。
You'll have unsurpassed vitality and energy.
你会拥有无与伦比的生命力和能量;
You'll expand your vocabulary, meet new people and you'll have a healthier lifestyle.
你将拓展你的词汇量,结交新的朋友,并拥有更健康的生活方式。
And get this, you'll have an eight-week vacation of doing absolutely nothing.
当你得到这件礼物时,你将会有8个礼拜的假期,不需要做任何事情;
You'll eat coutless gourmet meals. Flowers will arrive by the truck load. People will say to you: You look great! Have you had any work done? And you'll have a life-time supply of good drugs.
你将享用无尽的佳肴,收到好几卡车的鲜花;人们会对你说,你看起来气色真不错,完成什么了吗?你还会得到终身的良药供给。
You'll be challenged, inspired, motivated and humbled.
你将面临挑战,被启发,被鼓舞,同时变得更谦虚;
Your life will have new meaning: peace, health, serenity, happiness, nirvana.
你的生命将被赋予新的意义,平和,健康,宁静,快乐,犹如涅槃。
The price?
礼物的价格呢?
Fifty-five thousand dollars. And that's an incredible deal.
55000美金。真是桩好买卖。
By now, I know you're dying to know what it is and where you can get one.
我知道你一定迫不及待地想知道这到底是什么?
Does Amazon carry it? Does it have the apple logo on it? Is there a waiting list?
在哪里可买到?亚马逊网站上有吗?是苹果公司的产品吗?要排队等货吗?
Not likely.
都不对。
This gift came to me about five months ago.
大概5个月前,我收到了这份礼物。
And looked more like this when it was all wrapped up. Not quite so pretty.
包裹起来的话,大概是这个样子。没那么漂亮。
And this. And then this(A picture after operation).
之后是这个,还有这个。
It was a rare jam. A brain tumor. Hemangioblastoma.
一个罕见的麻烦,一颗脑瘤,成血管细胞瘤。
The gift that keeps on giving. And while I'm ok now.
这礼物一直在影响着我,现在我已无大碍了。
I wouldn't wish this gift for you. I'm not sure you'd want it. But I wouldn't change my experience. It profoundly alterned my life in ways it didn't expect. In all the ways I just shared with you.
我不希望这份礼物降临于你,因为我不确定你是否想得到。但是我不渴望改变过去。它突如其来,彻底改变了我的生活,带来了以上所述的那些改变。
So the next time youare faced with something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain, consider, that's just may be a gift.
所以下一次,当你面对意料之外的避之不及和前途未卜的事,不妨就把它看成一份礼物。